At the Edmonton Church of God, we aspire to imitate Jesus in everything we do, both in our personal lives and in the life of the church community. Our heart’s desire is live out, by the power of the Holy Spirit, what it means to be an expression of the New Testament Church.
We gather for a purpose, and that purpose is to love, live, and serve in the pattern of Jesus. There are five main ways we can live out this pattern, and we believe that it flows from our own personal relationships with Jesus. We are a community of God, and as such we are focused on worshipping God together with each other in all ways, not just our place in our pew on Sundays.
Love, Live and Serve – Like Jesus!
- Knowing Jesus – Imitating Him
- To model the mind and mission of Christ in all that we do as a community of believers and individual followers of Christ. From this point comes all else that we aspire to be and do.
- Inspiring Worship and Prayer
- To authentically connect with God through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit in praise, prayer, the proclamation of God’s Word and to encourage one another in our walk with the Lord.
- Sharing the Gospel by Touching the Lives of Others
- To see the needs of our communities and passionately serve to meet those needs in the love of Christ so that others may experience salvation through faith in Jesus.
- Discipling and Equipping Believers
- To disciple believers to deepen their relationship with God and to equip and empower them to use their God-given gifts for the work of ministry and for building up the body of Christ, both universally and locally.
- Experiencing the Community of God’s Family
- To be a strong community of believers who demonstrate Christ’s love to each other, coming alongside one another in joyful and difficult times, glorifying God by caring for one another.