Jesus shows his love for children throughout the gospels, and we follow his example in bringing children to him. We actively engage them in our community, both through Sunday school as well as in our communal worship and sermons. Caring for kids and providing a safe and engaging environment for them to learn about Jesus is a core part of our mission.
- Each Sunday, we have Sunday School for children aged 3-14. We sing songs and teach lessons from the Bible and the life of Jesus. Here, children encounter the ten commandments, God’s plan of salvation, and His love for all people. We learn about the fruit of the Spirit and stories from the lives of Bible heroes like David.
- We offer a weekly DELTA Children’s Bible Club on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8pm, for children in grades 1-6. This is an interactive time of age appropriate, participative Bible exploration, worship time and Bible memory along with a wide variety of skill building activities and games/sports activities. Requirements for Bible awards and activity awards/skill awards are built into the weekly club time. Children should pursue life skills and activity awards with an emphasis on self-improvement and cooperation rather than competition. The goal is to have children experience that Jesus Christ can change and impact every aspect of their lives in a real way. It’s also a wonderful place to develop good friendships. We partner with “Pioneer Clubs” to offer this innovative program that emphasizes collaboration, cooperation and teamwork.
- For special occasions like Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, our Sunday School is deeply integrated into our worship service. Our children get opportunities to perform poems, songs and instrumental pieces.
- In the summer, we host a Vacation Bible School – a week of activities, games and stories that help children to learn and to be more like Jesus. This is a highlight for our community, and all generations eagerly get involved.
- Throughout the year we host special events for children, such as a Birthday Party for Jesus in December. Check our Upcoming Events section to see what is coming up!