The Edmonton Church of God was established in 1949, when a small group of believers began assembling for regular worship services in a rented facility. Many of these believers were recent immigrants from Europe, and services were held in the German language.
Following rapid growth of the congregation, the facility was soon filled to capacity and the need for a new house of worship became apparent. The congregation constructed a church building off of Jasper Avenue, which was dedicated in the spring of 1952. The congregation continued to grow quickly as a wave of immigration continued.
By 1955, the congregation had built another, much larger church building at 10135 85 Avenue.
For over six decades, God blessed the congregation at this location. Through the passage of time, the congregation underwent significant changes, including a transition to services in the English language, an expansion of the programs offered, and re-evaluation of its God-given mission and approach to serving the community.