We are pleased to be able to offer in-person Sunday School again! We are working to provide a safe and engaging environment for the children to learn about Jesus and connect with their peers and church community.
Sunday School and Foundations class will be held on the first and third Sunday of the month at 10:30 a.m. during the worship service.
- Children ages 5-8 (Early Elementary) will be in the multipurpose room with Mrs. Sonja and Mrs. Carolyn (and additional volunteers)
- Children ages 9-12 (Upper Elementary) will be in the fellowship hall with Miss Moni (and additional volunteers)
- Foundations class (part of youth ministry) for ages 13-14 will be in the Recording Room
At this time, because of the mask requirements, it is not feasible to offer Sunday School for 3- and 4-year-old children. Since the mask requirements are in place until December 30th, in January, 2021 the Children’s Ministry Team will reassess the situation.
Since we’re beginning with in-person Sunday School, we will no longer be posting online Sunday School lessons. Feel free to re-watch old lessons archived on our church website: www.edmontonchurchofgod.com/sundaychool/
- Hand hygiene will be increased for children and volunteers and will be available when entering program areas. Volunteers will also practice hand hygiene before handing out any materials
- Classes have been moved to larger spaces to accommodate social distancing.
- Children should be kept at home if they:
- Have had a fever in the last 14 days
- Show any symptoms of COVID-19 (a cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, or sore throat that is not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition)
- Have been around anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19
Does my child have to wear a mask?As per the City of Edmonton bylaw, all children over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask in a public place. However, each teacher will have the discretion to allow the children to have short mask breaks while they are distanced, not speaking, and are doing independent work. During group discussions, while moving around, or entering and exiting the classrooms, however, they will need to be masked. The teacher and helpers will be wearing a mask at all times. A face shield is not considered sufficient protection.
Does my child need his/her own supplies?Each child should bring a Ziploc bag or small pouch labeled with his/her name containing:
- glue stick
- pencil crayons
The children will carry their bags back and forth between Sunday School and home.
Where do I drop off my child?Families will enter the church at the designated main entrance (north-east doors). Children and one parent will take the stairwell near the Sunday School wing.
- Early elementary children (age 5-8) will proceed to the multipurpose room
- Upper elementary children (age 9-12) will proceed to the fellowship hall
- Foundations students will proceed upstairs to the Recording Room
- NOTE: children aged 5-6 will need to be signed in and out by a parent
After the service, where do I pick up or meet my child(ren)?
- 5- and 6-year-olds need to be picked up at their classroom (the multi-purpose room in the basement) by their parent/guardian and signed out by one of their teachers or helpers.
- For children older than 7 years, we ask that parents plan a meeting spot with their child(ren). All 3 classes will end at the same time as the worship service.